Saturday, October 17, 2009

Making Applesauce and Fall Pictures

Apples, apples and more apples, I forget how many I bought now, but they filled my trunk and backseat. My car smelled like apples for two days!

Regent, Sweet 16, Honey Gold, Connel Red, Haralson and Honeycrisp,
Gina and I processed over 7 pecks of apples in all


My big helper, he was great at washing apples.


Working away.


Aren't they pretty!


This is all I have for the pictures of how to can apples, Gina and I were a little too busy working to take pictures I guess. We canned 23 Quarts and 24 pints of applesauce. It took us about 5 or 6 hours, which I don't think is too bad for the amount of work we got done and that includes cleanup time.

*Gina says that I made this sound too easy, like it wasn't much work. It was a ton of work, we were both wiped out after being on our feet all day. But it felt good to look at the rows and rows of jars and be able to say, "We did that!"*


Our first pints. We were excited about them :)


These are just some fun shots I took of the gourds and apples I got from Gene and Barb's Orchard. Very Fall Festive I think.




Isn't that a cool swan-neck gourd, that is what is called


See the little snowflake, isn't it cute. Wait a sec, why is there a snowflake anywhere near my mums on October 11th, that is wayyyyy to early for snow!



1 comment:

rgblazek said...

You're making it sound like it wasn't very much work. It was! Cute fall decor.